Thursday, September 8, 2011

Daily Word: STAND



 Psalm 91:2

 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. 


How do you stand when some days you feel as though the ground has given way because your circumstances appear to be greater than your faith?

As Pastor Donnie McClurkin said, “You just stand, and be sure. God has a purpose. Yes, God has a plan.”

Marvin Sapp reminds us “Here I am, I’m still standing. Here I am after all I’ve been through. I survived every toil, every snare, I’m alive.”  Have you ever wondered how you have made it this far and this long? How you got over what seemed to be insurmountable odds? How you made it through the darkness?

The answer is simple: God is holding you in the hollow of his hand.

When you remember that you can face your challenges because you realize God is your refuge. You can look fear in the eye and still stand because God is your fortress. You can look hate in the eye and still stand because of God’s goodness and mercy. You may feel weak, but with God as your Rock and your Comforter, you will find the strength you need to overcome. God is propping you up on every leaning side, so today stand because God’s support is stronger than anything man can build. Stand this morning knowing that God is your light and he will direct your paths. Trust in GOD and you will be able to stand!   ~ Lady A

No comments:

Post a Comment