Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Daily Word: You're Better Than That


“Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.”  Ephesians 3:20

During this season of change and introspection, I have been thinking about the people that I have wronged and the sins I’ve committed over the past year.  I am asking God to forgive me for the sins that I have committed and to help me to do better, to be better, and to act differently.  But one person that I really need to work on forgiving is myself.  I am working on forgiving myself for the mistakes I’ve made and for not always being the person that God has called me to be.  And I’m praying that God will forgive me too.  It’s such a tall order; to ask God to see past my imperfections and decide that I’m worthy to be called one of His own.  But if anyone can take on such a daunting task, its God.  He is able to do more than I could ask or think (exceeding abundantly more, as a matter of fact).  He is able to surpass my expectations for myself.  He is able to dream bigger dreams for me than I could dream for myself.  I look in the mirror and see my imperfections.  He looks at me and sees my possibilities.  This past week in services a minister (who also happens to be my husband) said, “You’re better than your mistakes.  You’re better than your shortcomings.  You’re better than what other people say about you.  You’re better than what you say about yourself.”  So as I journey towards forgiving myself, I hope that you will work on forgiving yourselves too.  Whatever it is that is causing you to feel down about yourself, remember that the power of God is working within you.  He is able to do all things.  You're better than your situation.  You're better than your circumstances.  You're better than that.  --Lady S.

1 comment: