Sunday, September 11, 2011

Daily Word: Restore My Joy


Psalm 51:12
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation:  and uphold me with thy free spirit.

In the song “Take me back,” the lyrics say “Take me back, dear Lord, to the place where I first received you.  I feel so far away from you Lord, but still I hear you calling me. Those simple things that I once knew, the memories are drawing me. I must confess, Lord, I’ve been blessed, but yet my soul is not satisfied. Renew my faith, restore my joy, and dry my weeping eyes.”
During hard times it is very easy to feel so far away from God because our circumstances just seem so much bigger than God.  Often, we allow ourselves to drift away from the One who is keeping us and sustaining us.  On this day, ask God to restore your joy, which once resided within you. Take you back to the day when you first realized the abundance of God’s blessings in your life. Take you back to the time when you recognized that it was the Creator, and him alone, who delivered you from death, sickness, stress, depression, and hard times.
Take Me Back
Ask God to take you back to the place where your belief was actualized with a blessing of healing, love, a job, a support system, happiness, peace, and joy.  Sincerely, ask God to take you back to the day when your belief was actualized with a miracle, to take you back to the day when your belief was actualized with His saving grace, to take you back to the day when you first received Him into your life. 
Renew My Faith
We all know, whether we like to acknowledge it or not, that God has blessed us. Yet, for whatever reason, sometimes our souls are not satisfied with our current situation or the things going on in our lives.  Our problems just seem to be more than we can bear, but the great thing about this God we serve is that he can restore unto us the joy of our salvation. 
Ask God to renew your FAITH and RESTORE your JOY, and DRY your weeping eyes.  JOY does not mean that all our problems will magically disappear, but having joy means having the blessed assurance that the battle is not ours, it’s the Lord’s. And when God restores our joy, he restores us.  Where there is joy there is GREATNESS, where there is JOY there is love, where there is JOY there is fellowship, where there is JOY there is peace. I know that where there is JOY, GOD is present and his power is available. These precious days have been given to us by the only wise God, so let’s spend them praising God.  ~ Lady A

No comments:

Post a Comment