Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Its all about me, Me, ME


Being a woman is hard.  With jobs, school, kids, significant others, and other competing demands on our attention, we often lose sight of who we are and who we are called to be.  It is so easy to get lost in the daily grind; just working each day to get through the day.  Meanwhile the daily grind wears and tears at our sanity and our ability to be effective in any of our roles. 

To find peace and reclaim your sanity requires real effort.  Making peace of mind a reality in your life can only be accomplished by one person… YOU.  (And God, of course, but He’s not really a person, is He.)  The purpose of this blog is to provide practical strategies and tips to make your journey through womanhood more peaceful.  Let’s learn together how to fortify ourselves and draw strength from each other.  By doing a better job of taking care of ourselves, and renewing ourselves first, we can in turn be better to those around us. 

Romans 12:2 states “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”  Now I don’t know everything that God has planned for my life, but I do know that He does not desire that I run around frazzled and stressed out everyday of the week.  He desires something better than that for all of us.  And it is up to us to want something better than that for ourselves.  We must begin with renewing our minds, restoring our minds to a place of peace, of happiness, of joy, of contentment.  This will not just change our circumstances, but it will transform us.  We will walk differently; we will talk differently; and we will think differently.  And then we can truly appreciate whatever plan God has for us. 

So today, do something different and prioritize yourself.  Hold yourself accountable to making peace yours as I hold myself accountable to making peace mine.  As we work together to transform, it is our hope that you will use this blog as a resource, as a sounding board, as a place to find support and encouragement, and even as a place to make friends.  After all, Peace of Mine is OURS. 

–Lady S.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing this post!! As a new mom I feel like I began to lose myself and who I used to be. Sometimes I see other moms and they look so amazing and put together and I wonder why I'm not doing the same!? Motherhood can be very draining at times and its hard to want to make yourself look a certain way. Last week I started the process of taking much more pride in who I am and have become. No excuses! I want to make myself the priority! I need to take care of me in order to take car of my family.

    ReplyDelete