Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daily Word: Go out with JOY and be led forth with PEACE


Isaiah 55:12 “For you shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace:  the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.”



Doesn’t that sound like the perfect start to the perfect day?!  Walking out of your house filled with joy and being led forth with peace.  I imagine the birds chirping in perfect harmony and the trees swaying in unison as I glide out of the door with a picture perfect smile on my face.  Of course my morning was nothing like that.  This morning there was oversleeping, rain, and a crazy commute complete with two grown women fighting on the train.  And when I finally arrived to work, I felt drained.  But I took a moment, to close my eyes and focus on the Source of my joy and get myself ready once again to take on the day.

Every morning comes with its stresses and strains, but joy and peace should supercede those things.  Joy is a state of being, not just a fickle emotion that waxes and wanes according to the circumstances and situations.  It is a constant, which means once you have joy it is always with you.  It is up to you to figure out a way to tap into it.  For me, I just take a moment and write down 5 great blessings God has allowed me to recently experience.  This reminds me that there is great joy in my life, above and beyond the daily craziness.

To have peace means to be free from disturbances and distractions.  There’s no reason I should let the oversleeping and the train drama distract me from enjoying my day.  Neither should you let the little unpleasantries ruin the better part of a day.  My prayer for you today is that you shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace. 

–Lady S.

2 comments:

  1. Plasm 122: 7

    "Peace be within they walls, and prosperity within thy places."

    God given inner peace - there is nothing like it and no replacement for it.

    Thanks for the Wednesday morning Blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Scripture Asia! I found myself singing peace be within my walls. This is how I want to start my day off always. Nothing supersedes "Gods given inner peace" and the blessings HE has in store for me! Lady ~A

    ReplyDelete