Thursday, November 17, 2011

Daily Bread: Encourage Yourself

And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the LORD his God.  1 Samuel 30:6


This past week has been one for the books!  My mother is in the hospital battling a condition related to her diabetes.  My children decided to take their colds to the next level and get pink eye.  To top it all off, a co-worker of mine tried to put me on blast and attack not only my intelligence, but my ability to do my job.  


After spending time writing about and reflecting on suffering, I felt like these recent events were just an opportunity to put my prudent strategy into effect.  But by Monday, I found myself looking around for a word of inspiration.  I went back and read some of the past daily breads to keep me uplifted and focused.  Lord lift me up and We must strive have kept my spirits high and have kept God on my mind as I go through this valley.  


And then this song came on my Pandora station.  Speak over yourself.  Encourage yourself in the LORD.  The song made my realize that while its nice and beneficial to look for support and encouragement from outside, that inside me I have everything I need to keep going, keep pushing, keep smiling.  And so do each of you.  So today take some time to encourage yourself in the LORD.  --Lady S.  

No comments:

Post a Comment