Monday, November 7, 2011

Daily Bread: Memorialize Your Praise

"This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD. For he hath looked down from the height of his sanctuary; from heaven did the LORD behold the earth; To hear the groaning of the prisoner; to loose those that are appointed to death; To declare the name of the LORD in Zion, and his praise in Jerusalem; When the people are gathered together, and the kingdoms, to serve the LORD."  Psalm 102: 18-22

There is power in the writing for the generation to come.  Thanks to Lady R and Lady A, who had the inspired thought to create this blog and the technological ability to make it a reality, I have the opportunity to write all the time.  There is something so powerful about being able to sit at my computer, open my heart, and let God's praise flow through my finger tips.  That is what each of us was created to do... Praise the LORD.  But we have to find some way to memorialize our praise, to write it down, to make it permanent in our hearts and our minds.  

We have to find a way to memorialize our praise, so that the generations coming behind us will see that if nothing else, their forefathers (or foremothers) praised the LORD.  We may not be able to leave them trust funds or mansions, but we can leave them a legacy greater than all the finances in the world.  Let the record show, that we were a people who were ready, willing, and able at all times to praise the LORD.   

I praise God for waking me up, for starting me on my way, for tempering my morning grumpiness by giving me loving sisters who both made me laugh out loud this morning.  I praise God that even though my babies are battling colds (again) that He has made their Aunty available to take care of them today.  I praise Him for keeping me open to His will in my life, for encouraging me to go forward even if I don't understand how or why or when or what.  I praise Him for teaching me to trust Him.  Let the record show that in the midst of my human undoneness and turmoil that I myself created, I will stop what I'm doing and start praising the LORD.  

So this morning I put it on you to memorialize your praise in the comments.  What's your praise report?  What do you want generations to come to know about how you praised the Lord on this day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment