Sunday, October 2, 2011

Daily Word: You Are Not Alone, for I AM is with you!



Isaiah 41:10, Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;  I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Have you ever been going through something and felt so alone?  You might have a great support system, but yet it is not enough to comfort your wounded heart.  When I first moved to Philadelphia, I had only had a sister and church family; however my immediate family lived far away.  My loved ones would call often and check up on me, but it was never enough.  I would tell people how difficult my transition was and they would say they understood, but I still felt isolated until I met another woman in a very similar situation. As she shared some of her story, I began to feel some sense of comfort because I knew that God had sent her as an angel.
In Exodus 3:14, God reveals himself to Moses saying I AM THAT I AM.  This bold statement tells us that God is from everlasting to everlasting.  The name I AM means that God is independent and his existence does not rely on anyone or anything.  The name I AM also suggests that God is whatever you are lacking personally, spiritually and physically in your time of need.  God is the light within you when darkness surrounds you because I AM THAT I AM.
In Isaiah 41:10, God makes a similar declaration when he tells the prophet Isaiah, “Fear not, for I am with you.”  If I AM THAT I AM is with you then you are never truly alone. When someone or something appeared in your life that allowed you to see that God knew your pain, IAM THAT I AM has sent you an angel.  Be not dismayed, for I AM YOUR GOD.  God tells you not to be discouraged or be fearful of the mountain that lies ahead of you, because I AM your God.  God is with you from the beginning to the end.   God is your personal guide and protector, and with him all things are possible.  It doesn’t matter if there are people who don’t believe in you because God is letting you know that in spite of all the naysayers, I am your GOD.  God is so good, and affirms it by saying “I will help you.”  It doesn’t matter if no one volunteers to come to your aid – God is there to help you and make your burdens light.  You may ask, “If this is so, why am I going through this trial?”  Well, the Lord did not say that there wouldn’t be any trials in your life or that things would always be on the upside; however, God promised to uphold you with his righteous right hand.  Sometimes God has to break us before we can be healed.  Your current circumstances are never the conclusion.  You are never alone because God is always with you. ~ Lady A

No comments:

Post a Comment